Travis Scott was cleared of any criminal charges Thursday for the fatal Astroworld festival that took the lives of 10 attendees and injured hundreds more.
The 32-year-old “Goosebumps” rapper’s attorney Kent Schaffer told The Post in a statement: “Today’s decision by the Harris County District Attorney confirms what we have known all along – that Travis Scott is not responsible for the AstroWorld tragedy.”
“This is consistent with investigative reporting by numerous media outlets and federal and state government reports that have squarely placed the onus for event safety crises on organizers, operators and contractors – not performers. While waiting patiently for the District Attorney’s decision to not file charges, Travis Scott has been inaccurately and wrongly singled out, despite stopping the show three separate times and being unaware of the events as they were unfolding.”
Schaffer concluded: “Now that this chapter is closed, we hope for the government efforts to focus on what is most important – stopping future heartbreaking tragedies like AstroWorld from ever occurring again.”
The decision comes after a Texas grand jury had been in session “most of the day” to discuss possible charges against Scott.
Earlier Thursday, Schaffer, confirmed to The Post in a statement: “There is no decision yet however we are confident that the grand jury will find no evidence that Travis violated the law.”
Schaffer reportedly told KHOU 11 earlier in the day that no one was ever able to articulate what the charges would be.
He claimed Scott never formally testified but did have an interview with police.
Scott previously claimed he had no idea that multiple fans were being trampled on and passing out in the crowd while he performed at the November 2021 event.
Fan-captured footage shows Scott noticing an ambulance in the crowd, pointing at it and asking, “What the f – – k is that?”
“If everybody good, put a middle finger up to the sky,” he instructed the crowd after two crew members came onstage to talk to Scott.
The “Goosebumps” rapper then resumed the show.
Last July, Scott stopped his Coney Island concert and ordered fans who had scaled a lighting truss to get down.
Astroworld resulted in over 300 civil lawsuits against Scott and event organizers, though no one has been criminally charged.
𝗖𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘁𝘀, 𝗖𝗼𝗽𝘆𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 & 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘆: nypost.com
𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗠𝗖𝗔,
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝗮𝘁 firstname.lastname@example.org